Monday, November 24, 2008

How to Keep the Faith When There is No Church

Catholics excluded from churches must not give up their prayers. Prayer is the virtue of hope in action. St Alphonsus said that those who pray can be saved but those that do not pray or do not pray well cannot be. Did you know that generations of Japanese families kept the faith for 300 years after the Church had been persecuted and totally suppressed in Japan? There were no priests and no sacraments yet they kept the faith. How? They did it by their faithfulness to the Mother of God and her Rosary, by living a Christian life, and by professing acts of faith, hope and charity.

Spiritual Repentance

The Lord to the prophet Ezekiel: "Son of man, I have made you a watchman to the house of Israel, and you shall hear the word out of my mouth and shall tell it to them from me. If when I say to the wicked, You shall surely die, and you declare it not to him, nor speak to him, that he may be converted from his wicked way and live, the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but I will require his blood at your hand. But if you give warning to the wicked, and he be not converted from his wickedness and from his evil way, he shall indeed die in his iniquity but you have delivered your soul. Moreover if the just man shall turn away from his justice and shall commit iniquity, I will lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die, because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin and his justices which he has done shall not be remembered, but I will require his blood at your hand. But if you warn the just man that the just may not sin, and he does not sin, living he shall live, because you have warned him, and you have delivered your soul."

Act of Contrition

O my God I am heartily sorry for having offened Thee and I detest all my sins because I fear the loss of heaven and the fires of hell but most of all because they have offended Thee, O my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and carefully to avoid the occasions of sin. Amen.

Spiritual Eucharist Prayer

In 1916 at Fatima, the Angel of the Eucharist appeared with chalice and host to the three children. He ministered to them saying, “Eat and drink the Body and Blood of our Lord horribly outraged by ungrateful men. Make reparation for their crimes and console your God.” The Angel left the chalice and the host suspended in the air and prostrated himself before It. The children imitated him. The Angel prayed repeatedly this act of reparation, which is at the same time a spiritual Eucharistic prayer, the Mass you can offer spiritually when the sacramental Mass you do not have: Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly. I offer You the precious Body Blood Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ truly present in all the tabernacles of the earth in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and offences by which He Himself is offended. Through the infinite merits of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners. Amen.

Act of Spiritual Communion

O my Jesus I believe you are truly present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar. I love you above all things and desire to possess You in my soul. Since I cannot at this time receive You sacramentally come spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as being already there. I unite myself entirely to You. never premit me to be separated from You. Amen.

Mike Willesee

One person doing something to make up for the vacuum created by today's priesthood is media mogul Michael Willesee and his friend. Instrumental in Mike Willesee's reversion or return to the Christian faith was the Bolivian seer Katya Rivas. A Willesee documentary called Signs from God was about her visions and stigmata, the miraculous appearing of the wounds similar to those of Jesus crucified on her body. Whether she is a true seer or not, we leave for the reader and the Church resurrected one day to discern and decide. Suffice to say that Mike Willesee believes she is truthful and not deceived and being used by evil spirit to confuse people. If you don't understand the apostolic teaching on the Eucharist, why it is essential form salvation to receive Jesus in this way, if don't want to lose your soul, acquire a copy of his video or DVD called The Eucharist: In Communion With Me. It's available from Trans Media Productions, PO Box 634, North Sydney NSW 2059 transmedia@tmgroup.com.au phone 89230600.

No comments:

Post a Comment